Know Our Experts
an in-depth look into the people behind Unalome
Zill has a degree in Psychology and post-graduate training in Psychological Counseling, with a specialization in Arts Based Therapy(ABT). She is certified as an Autism Movement Provider and an EQ Educator. She works extensively with children and adolescents and has a keen interest in working with children with different abilities. She has worked in JBCN International school , JBCN PAN Academy, Manu Prem,in Mumbai. She also conceptualised and headed the Early Intervention Centre in SRCC, MUMBAI. She was a founder and trustee of Child n You , a NGO providing therapeutic interventions and schooling for children with different abilities. She has founded and heads a centre Lighthouse since almost 2 decades which primarily works as a study of the mind and arts as therapy centre.
Zill left working in schools and other centres a few years back and has dived full time into private practise and leading a Diploma course on training individuals in Arts Based Therapy at Nirmala Niketan College of Home Science. She has worked with individuals, children, adolescents and families in the last 15 years and continues to train in different therapies both conventional and unconventional. She has done short courses to enhance her learning and is also trained in play therapy Level 1 from National Association of Play Therapy India. She is an expert in behaviour interventions and designing plans for children and children with different abilities and emotional concerns.
She is a very dynamic and compassionate practitioner and person. Her interactions with individuals make communication very smooth and relaxed. She is very social and loves to talk.
Her style of working is using Arts Based Therapy and Play Therapy with her clients. She integrates talk and creative expression for the benefit of her clients.
ABT is the evidence-based use of art forms to accomplish individualized goals and group goals within a therapeutic relationship. In ABT there is a concurrence of art forms (drama, music and visual arts). This enables a Practitioner to acquire a generic vocabulary of stories, songs, roles, rhythms, drawings and colours, and use appropriate combinations to address specific client needs.
Play Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses play, a child’s natural mode of communication, to help them resolve their issues. Traditional forms of therapy may be very intimidating for a child and can cause added stress rather than actually resolving the issues that your child may be facing.
When Zill is not working she is chilling with her friends or listens to music and loves to spend time chatting with her son Tanish. She loves to go out and explore new places and meet new people.
Additional Trainings & Certifications:
- 1998: Teacher Training: Sophia Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education with a First Class
- 2000: Certificate Course: Arya Vidya Mandir Introduction to Learning Difficulties with a First Class
- 2007: Certificate Course: Mumbai Childbirth Education (USA affiliated). Topped in class as an Antenatal Care Consultant
- 2009-10: Certificate Course on Art Becomes Therapy: WCCLF, Pune Certified ABT Practitioner from
- 2011: Certificate Course: Music Therapist Trust, Delhi Using Music in Therapy
- Certificate Course: Chennai Level 1, Art and Drama Therapy
- Certificate Course: Velvi, Madurai Drama in Autism
- Certified EQ Educator: Six seconds, USA
- Certified Autism Movement Facilitator: Autism Movement Therapy, California
- Certificate in Art in Education: Shikshaa, Centre for Integral Education, Mumbai
- Methodology Certificate for HWT curriculum: Handwriting Without Tears, an AOTA approved provider for continuing education
- Courses on Pranic Healing: Basic, Advance, Pranic Psychotherapy, Meditations on Soul Realization, Meditation on Lord’s Prayer and Prep Arhatic 2 from the Yoga Vidya Pranic Healing Foundation of South Mumbai
- Creative Movement Therapy conducted by Tripura Kashyap
- The Basic Drum Circle Facilitators’ Playshop, Arthur Hull , Bangalore