There are many misconceptions and myths about psychotherapy that might keep you away from trying it out for yourself. However, we would say that overcoming these misconceptions is worth it!
When should you consider psychotherapy ?
Some of the signs that you could benefit from psychotherapy may include (but are not limited to):
- You feel overwhelmed, and have a prolonged sense of helplessness and sadness.
- Your problems do not appear to get better despite your efforts and help from family and friends.
- You find it difficult to concentrate on work assignments or to carry out other everyday activities.
- Your actions, such as drinking too much alocohol, using drugs or being aggressive, are harming you or others.
- Your physical health is interfering with your emotional wellbeing.
- You have just experienced a loss and are finding it difficult to move on.
- You are in a state of transition and every decision around you feels overwhelming.
- You are curious about yourself and would like to explore more deeply your natural patterns of feelings and behaviours.